Wednesday, November 30, 2016

D-Day. Or should I say E-Day.

Today is the day - the embryo transfer! I go in at 11:15 to start pounding water (apparently they need my bladder to be full - fun times), and the procedure is at noon. I'm excited, but I'm also in severe pain from the progesterone shots. My mom was kind enough to do them for me (they are in the upper buttocks region, so I can't really reach), in Europe of all places, but for the love of god. My ass/lower back hurts so bad to the touch, I can barely sleep. Or move. The 10-hour flight yesterday was tons of fun, let me tell you. And I know my mother is absolutely traumatized. Especially after one shot where I forgot to change the needle size from the giant one that extracts the medicine to the slightly less giant one meant for injections. So she gives me the shot and I nearly passed out from the pain. Turns out, the big needle hurts like a mother. Speaking of mothers, if I get to become one after all of this, it will all be worth it. Severe bruising and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment