Monday, December 12, 2016

We have a winner!

The results are in: Pregnant! I took a home pregnancy test every day last week and Monday and Tuesday they were negative. My boobs weren't sore (they were last time) and I was pretty bummed, convinced it didn't work. But then Wednesday through Friday I was starting to see a second line on the test, and thought maybe...just maybe...

Sure enough, got the bloodwork results back on Friday and my HCG was 160 (they look for anything over 50, so they were pleased with the result). Awaiting my results from today's test - hoping beyond all hope that my levels at least doubled since this is where I ran into trouble last time. But my initial result last time was 58, so I feel like I'm already on better footing. Think I just had a bad embryo last time. And apparently at my age, that's increasingly common.

In summary, I'm not infertile. Just single. (And old.)

Fingers crossed for continued good news...

No comments:

Post a Comment