Thursday, January 4, 2018

Motherhood, week one

Georgia Cole arrived last Thursday, and she is amazing. Have already learned some things in week one:
  • Most of the baby weight does drop off - I have lost like 20 pounds in the first week. Going to attempt a slow workout tomorrow, which will hopefully help with the rest...(please don't say I have to stop eating banana bread)
  • Shopping with a newborn at home becomes something of a sport: I sprinted through TJ Maxx earlier and just threw things in the cart, not having time to try anything on. Guess it will be a "return policy" situation.
  • So sleepy. Treated myself to a manicure yesterday (my mom is encouraging me to get out of the house alone a few times a week), and I fell asleep during the process. Not even embarrassed.
  • The first week flew by, which has me worried that 12 weeks will go just as quickly. :(
  • This baby poops SO MUCH. I have become an expert diaperer. 
  • And an expert breast feeder. Not to toot my own horn, but she gained 3 ounces since leaving the hospital. toot, toot
  • My mom feels it's best to play music for the baby, while I am fine to watch Real Housewives/The Bachelor. I feel this will be our biggest fight.
  • I have made it a point to shower every day. Feeling like a human is important when you're technically a cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment