Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The goods (and the bads)

Not that I'm an expert by any means, but after almost 3 weeks, I can safely say some items from the baby registry come in more handy than others.

The good:
Dock-a-tot. Even though my doctor told me the baby shouldn't sleep in it after a month, this thing is great. I will be sad when she grows out of it (in 8 months, haha)

Rock n play.  Georgia sleeps in this little cradle almost every day, and even though it doesn't rock itself like some of the fancier versions, it's a great little nap situation.

Britax travel system. Still getting used to putting her in and out of the car seat, but the stroller it snaps into is super easy to maneuver and use.


The bad:
Owlet. Thankfully I used a gift card for this monitor, because I would be pissed if I spend $300 of my own money. It is a constant source of error notifications (literally, I got about 25 last night), and for some godforsaken reason starts playing music in the middle of the night. I guess I am more tired than I thought, because I have no trouble going to sleep at night - I thought I would be so worried about the baby that I would be constantly checking on her. Which I do, but only when I get up to go to the bathroom. Sleep is fine, thanks.

Ergobaby carrier.  This is most likely user error, but we are finding this thing super complicated to figure out. There are lots of snaps, for example, and not a lot of places for the snaps to snap into. Bastards.

Baby clothes with buttons or snaps on the back. What fresh hell is this??

No comments:

Post a Comment