Monday, January 18, 2016

February is for Fertility

So I may be moving up C-Day (conception day) by a month, if all goes well. Which means as soon as I start my period this month, I schedule an appointment with the doctor for bloodwork and a sonogram, and a few mere weeks later, assuming everything looks good (please please please), we give it a go. I have never looked so forward to getting my period as I am this month. Ready to get things started. At loooooong last.

Talked to four friends about my plan over the weekend, and was absolutely blown away by how supportive everyone was. One even said she'd come with me to C-Day. We joked that leading up, we needed to watch things like Baby Mama and the opening sequence of Look Who's Talking, to visualize success and get in the right mental state. Then afterward, watch the episode of Friends where Phoebe gets inseminated and sings to her uterus "Are you in there little fetus? In nine months will you come greet us? I will buy you some Adidas..." And eat pickles and ice cream. So even if it doesn't work, we'll have a fun memory of the First Try.

No comments:

Post a Comment